This post is also available in: Español
Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit are two of the most popular LGBT+ destinations on the Pacific coast of Mexico and even though there are many places to visit, we have a short list of places to stay, relax and/or have fun. Did you already know them?…
- Mercurio Hotel was the first LGBT+ hotel founded in Puerto Vallarta and according to the rating given by guests on TripAdvisor is recognized for its excellent and friendly service, exceptional value, gourmet breakfast and unbeatable location a couple of streets from the beach.
- Casa Cupula is a LGBT hotel in the Zona Romantica, with a worldwide reputation for sophisticated luxury and relaxing hospitality. Nestled in a private hilltop retreat overlooking Banderas Bay, Casa Cupula is close to everything, but remains a private retreat.
- The adult-only Almar Resort Luxury All Suites & Spa is located next to the gay beach, each room at this hotel is air conditioned and features a flat-screen TV, free toiletries & free WiFi. Private parking is available free of charge.
- Blue Chairs is located located on the gay beach in the heart of gay Puerto Vallarta in the middle of all the action and close to the gay bars and shops.
- If your budget is reduced or you just want to live the experience of staying in a place to live the experience of meeting new people from abroad, Vela Lounge Hostel is a super clean and unique place with rooftop lounge combination, right in the middle of the main streets and corners of Zona Romantica in Puerto Vallarta. If you’re looking for another option, check out Jet’s LGBT Hostel, which is located just across the river and steps away from the LGBT bars and action.
- Member of the International LGBT + Travel Association, The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort in Nayarit promises to offer an experience that transcends ordinary travel, immersing guests in unsurpassed luxury. The resort features discerning service, 120 exquisite accommodations, thoughtful amenities, and spectacular grounds. Some of the services you can enjoy are the gym, private beach, sauna, massage, outdoor pool, hot tub, spa and a bar.
- Playa Los Muertos is the most popular and most visited beach. It is located south of the Malecón and the Cuale river. Foreigners who know and enjoy the local culture spend time here with locals, it is an excellent place to relax, have a beer and watch the sunsets.
- Located north of Sayulita in the state next to Puerto Vallarta (Jalisco), San Pancho’s beach is in the state of Nayarit. When you pass by the road, there is nothing that suggests that it is worth getting to know the place, but it is worth it, it is a little gem, not only because the town is beautiful and quiet, but because it offers an incredible beach and many attractions.
- Many visitors have discovered Anonimo Video Bar while exploring the streets of the Romantic Zone and it ends up becoming their favorite bar. The place is staffed by the owners and waiters so the treatment and service are exceptional.
- The ideal location to enjoy a hibiscus margarita while relaxing on the open-air patio before hitting the beach, or cool off while sipping a flavored martini is Chachalaca Bar. Offering Puerto Vallarta’s Happiest Happy Hour, 7-days-a-week from 4 pm- 7pm. Enjoy 2 for 1 well drinks while the sun begins to set on the Pacific Ocean.
- In the warm beaches of San Pancho, Nayarit, a new concept has been installed, for the local and the tourist, La Baba del Diablo, a cool place to have mezcal and get a unique and different experience in every aspect since the beginning. It’s not just the drinks, it’s the service, the bottles, the decoration and the style.
Although the natural beauty and unique atmosphere are always something attractive, the company, the experiences and the warmth of the people will always make a a place unforgettable. Both, Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit are full of spots to visit on your next holidays and that will surely be difficult to not fall in love with.