This post is also available in: Español
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.- Given the worldwide evolution of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) we have witnessed how different countries have taken new preventive measures.
In Jalisco, there are no confirmed cases, however, Governor Enrique Alfaro instructed to strengthen preventive actions.
The following are the preventive actions that will be taken in the seaports and airports:
- Detection points will be installed in airports and seaports operating 24 hours a day to provide preventive information to travelers and carry out evaluations through temperature detection and interviews.
- There must be a detailed report of any suspicious passenger aboard before the aircraft or ship arrives in Jalisco and it will be requested to record the information and send it to the health authorities awaiting its arrival.
- Before and after any aircraft or ship’s arrival, it must start operating procedures to take care of the rest of the crew and the general public at the point of entry to Jalisco. After the activities prior to arrival, once in our state, the isolation of any suspected person or persons will be assessed and the corresponding epidemiological study will be applied until the infection is confirmed, ruled out or put the patient under treatment if it is the case.
The actions to be implemented in the schools are the following:
- In about one week there will be no basic level school in the state without sufficient soaps and antibacterials for children and young students.
- Each teacher is receiving all the information necessary to detect, prevent and react to the symptoms of COVID-19 in their classrooms.
- Classes for some universities will take place virtually starting next Tuesday; more schools will be added in the following days to the suspension of activities.
At a press conference led by the Jalisco president, municipal presidents of the AMG, educational and health authorities, the review and timely assessment of massive events were reported, however, it was announced that the CONCACAF 2020 Pre-Olympic Championship is suspended. Talent Land, the Guadalajara International Film Festival (FICG), organized by the UdeG, in addition to the Zapopan Open 2020, among other events, have been postponed. At the same time, it was recommended to the Club Deportivo Guadalajara team to play indoors at the Akron Stadium the Chivas against Monterrey game scheduled for tomorrow, Saturday 14, 2020.
The mayor of Guadalajara, Ismael del Toro, mentioned that the postponement of the Cultural Festival Sucede will be studied and it was suggested in turn the basketball games in the city to have place without an audience.
State Governor Enrique Alfaro mentioned that the situation will be permanently monitored so that, if necessary, take other types of measures.