Spartacus Sauna reopened today (Saturday, Sept. 5) at 4 p.m. with new measures in place to help provide some protection against COVID-19, including warning customers to not kiss or participate in group sex.
The reopening was announced via a blog post on their website. The post reads, in part:
“We understand that this decision will not be viewed well by everyone, but after almost 6 months of closure due to Covid-19 we are ready to reopen to the highest standards of health and security for our employees and our customers.”
And it goes on to remind visitors that they will assume (the guests) any liability associated with contacting Covid-19 while visiting the sauna.
“There is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place where people gather. By visiting Sauna Spartacus guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.“
“Our philosophy is that we are all adults and we should make our own decisions about our lives. WE DO NOT underestimate Covid-19, since air travel never was suspended to / or from Puerto Vallarta and cruise ships were allowed here on humanitarian grounds, we are reopening Spartacus on a humanitarian base if you wish. We and our employees can not wait any longer. especially when everything else has opened up around us,” the post said.
Here are the guidelines that Spartacus has in place as part of its reopening plan:
- Stay home if sick.
- Protect yourself while visiting Spartacus
- A face mask when entering and checking out is obligatory. Face masks must be worn in all common areas if social distancing can not be met.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from other patrons.
- If you are at higher risk for severe illness, you should avoid visiting us . People at higher risk for severe illness include adults 65 or older and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- If possible, use touch-less payment If you must handle money, a card, or use a keypad, use hand sanitizer immediately after.
- After leaving the spa or massage therapist, use hand sanitizer. When you get home, wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Age limitation. At this time men 18-65 years old only will be allowed. / born 19552002/ ID will be required.
- All guests must take an automatic temperature scan and hand sanitation prior to final entry, anyone displaying COVID-19 / flu symptoms will be denied entry.
- As addition, customers will take a test for oxygen levels via an oximeter. This is to test for Invisible Hypoxia which can be present in asymptomatic people, if the reading is below 92 you will be denied entry.
- Swings area will not be available at this time.
- Occupancy will be limited to 50% at this time.
- Always wash genitals well after sex.
- No group sex. (minimize your contacts). We do not recommend kissing at this time. Safer sex practices are recommended like use of glory holes, for example.
Staff will disinfect each room after (door knobs inside and out, light switch, table, and locker inside and out). Combinations of chloro, Lysol and UVC Lights. as an effective COVID-19 sterilization.Tests show that UVC disinfection and sterilization lamp products kill up to 99.9% of bacteria and viruses. Check video how UVC lights work https://youtu.be/D23_6EytyF4
Laundry/ towels service. for your security and comfort we are using industrial washing company. They wash our towels , sheet, etc. with the chemical certified properly dosed, with formulas established using temperature of 75-90 ° C water for at least 30 minutes between washing and bleaching.