This post is also available in: Español
The Mexican state of Jalisco (of which Puerto Vallarta is a part of) has announced new Covid-19 containment measurements, allowing clubs and bars to reopen (they have been closed during the month of August) at limited capacity.
The new measures announced that “as of September 1, Jalisco will apply new measures to promote economic reactivation. Do not forget, all people must use the mask in a mandatory and permanent way in public spaces. ”
The restrictions currently in place say:
- 25% operation of bars and clubs with hours according to the license
- Restaurants with a capacity of 50%, hours according to license
- 150 people closed spaces
- 300 people open spaces
- Density 1 person per 7 m2
- 5 hrs. of event
Suspension of events:
- of more than 300 people
- without authorization from the health board
- 80%, with 50% common areas and bars from 1:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
- with 33% capacity outdoors and mandatory use of a mask
- National Holidays
- October parties
- Religious festivities outside the walls
- Government reports Public protests (only council)
- Festivities around these events in person.