Tickets are now on sale for the second annual Red Ribbon Gala benefiting SETAC, Puerto Vallarta’s LGBT Wellness Center and HIV/AIDs Community Center. The event is one of the largest fundraisers of the year for the center, with last year’s gala raising more than $250,000 pesos.
While yet to be announced (coming soon!), this year’s Gala will salute Broadway! Additionally, a long list of local chefs has already agreed to participate this year, this time in an innovative and collaborative format. The chefs have paired up to plan a number of stunning gourmet items for a four-course sit-down gala banquet served to all the guests.
The chefs include:
- Günther Auerbach Casillas – Molecular chef
- Gerardo Sandoval – Sandoval Catering
- Everardo Robles Soltero – Le Kliff Restaurant
- Thierry Blouet – Café des Artistes Restaurant
- Memo Wulff – Barrio Bistro Restaurant
- Elias Sapien – Catering
- Simone Bigazzi – Da Simone Restaurant
- Elvira Prado Robles – Taste Restaurant, Casa Cupula
- Omar Garcia – La Vaca Argentina Restaurant
- Salvatore Domanti – La Posta Restaurant
- Joel Ornelas – Tintoque Restaurant
The evening will begin with a professional wine tasting by Nina Goodhope of the wine store Cork & Bottles. The gala is again being planned and organized by local event designers Yanina Haddad from LOve Producciones PV and Robert Schley of Mexico Event Design.
SETAC has had a busy year since last year’s Gala. The center has:
- Opened “THE SETAC LGBTQ Wellness Center Puerto Vallarta”
- Expand the scope of our services–bringing on a full-time doctor, a full-time psychologist, and an alternative therapist to provide more services like HIV 4th generation test for early detection and a rapid test for other STD´s that can be treated on site.
- One of only TWO locations in all of Mexico offering pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) medication for free to local residents via a grant from the United Nations.
This year’s Second Annual Red Ribbon Gala event will be held at Mantamar Beach Club on Playa Los Muertos on Wednesday, December 5 at 6 to 10 p.m. With the much larger venue, up to 250 guests will be able to enjoy the sunset right on the beach!
SETAC is located at Aldanaca 178, at the corner with Viena, in Colonia Versalles. For more information, please call (322) 224-1974, send an email message to email@example.com, visit their website, www.setac.com.mx, of follow them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pg/SETACtucentro.
Tickets for the event will sell out, and are available here.
The Gala is sponsored by: