This post is also available in: Español
A report recently released by Morning Consult Brand Intelligence says that there are more than 7,500 airbnb units available for rent in Vallarta and that the city has established itself as a a benchmark for diversity tourism by appearing within the top 15 international destinations for the LGBTQ+ community.
The study was conducted for the month of Pride, and additionally said that it has seen a 90-percent increase in hosts who have been using inclusive language since 2017.
Most visitors in PV that use AirBnB stay an average of seven days.
Puerto Vallarta is the first destination in Latin America to be part of the ranking and gained the highest number of 5-star comments from users, one of the reasons the city made it to their list of “The 20 best LGBTQ+ destinations of Airbnb” worldwide.
These locations stand out based on their impressive share of five-star guest reviews, reflecting the care, respect, and warm welcome that travelers in the LGBTQ+ community and beyond have received. From the vibrant streets of Portland, Oregon to the sun-kissed shores of Sitges, Catalonia, these top 20 destinations all celebrate Pride and epitomize what it means to be truly hospitable:
- Portland, OR, United States
- Provincetown, MA, United States
- Portland, ME, United States
- Wilton Manors, FL, United States
- Nashville, TN, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Seattle, WA, United States
- Austin, TX, United States
- Mykonos, Greece
- Minneapolis, MN, United States
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Berlin, Germany
- New Orleans, LA, United States
- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Vancouver, Canada
- Mexico City, Mexico
- Chicago, IL, United States
- Sitges, Spain
- Toronto, Canada